The 8th graders will be traveling to Pigeon River State Forest this coming Thursday and Friday, October 6 and 7. We will leave after lunch on Thursday and return on Friday in time for Pizza lunch. The following is the suggested gear list and the students have been charged with creating a menu. This is an annual trip with no two the same but equally full of joy and laughter! Here is a video of what we saw and heard last year.
The supply list is as follows:
- Sleeping bag (and pad if you have it)
- Rain gear
- Long underwear
- Drinking cup that can hold hot liquids
- WARM clothes / coats – it will be cold when we are out looking for elk
- Warm hat and gloves
- Water bottle
- Toiletries (there are no showers or running water so a toothbrush is really all that is needed)
- Camp chair for sitting around the campfire if you have one.
- Binoculars if you have them
Please call, write or text with questions!